Learn about upcoming events hosted by Planted and Planted partners.
Stay tuned! We’re planning workshops and a conference for Fall 2018 and Winter 2019.
We coordinate a “community of practice” among faith-based and secular providers of charitable food across Vancouver and nearby municipalities, who collectively serve ~1,000 meals per week. This takes the form of tailored consulting, invitational roundtables, and workshops on topics such as
- nutrition assessment and menu planning
- recruiting and training passive “clients” to take active roles in the design and implementation of programs
- Foodsafe certification
- consensus standards of food quality and program success
- methods of program evaluation
- the continuum of responses to hunger within a sustainable local food system
- canning and gardening
- theology of food, spirituality of Christian hospitality.
Every year, scores of organizations and hundreds of people participate in these. All of our seminars are structured to include low-income participants of the organizations we’re reaching.